Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Car travel activities for kids

Lap Boards

Have seen some amazing DIY lapboards on Pinterest. However, I do not sew beyond buttons. I don't do well with wood, foam, or stretching fabric. I don't even cut a straight line. This is my version of a DIY lap board. Find A cheap magnetic skillet (tip -- they are not all magnetic; check first). This 9 x 13 tray cost 99 cents. Then get some markers or crayons and hot glue magnet bits on them (even glue strips may use that additional adhesive). Anything To maintain my toddler out of falling a mark each five seconds. The Sketchpad was from the dollar bin at Target, Kidsvip has the largest selection of 12v kid's ride on cars in Canada.

Chat Cards

All these Are 100 conversation starters in the form of "would you rather" questions. I love these! Would you rather have a pet chicken or a pet elephant? Would you rather couch in a pool of marshmallows or M & M's? Learn more and get your free printable cards (or even simply a list of queries) in this post.

Starting Sounds Coloring Pages

Don't do a lot of worksheets with my preschool boys, but a vehicle trip is the perfect time to pull a few out. I made this collection of 26 coloring pages. They just should color the images on each letter that begin with that letter. You can find the free printable in this informative article.

Magnetic Matching Activities

Created these simple matching activities for my Two. He loves this type of thing, and it'll give him something to do when he's starting to get antsy. As there are magnets on the back of each piece to keep him from slipping them I am hoping that this will be simple and enjoyable. This does take some time to build, but I think it's going to be well worth it. Watch the tutorial and get the free printables within this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment